Many life scientists will make a switch to industry at some point in their career. Knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models are essential to succeed, but in the academic arena in which scientists learn their scientific skills these subjects aren’t often elaborated upon. The BioBusiness Summer School aims to fill the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences we will introduce you to many subjects which will help you in your first jobs in industry. In five days you will learn basic knowledge of biobusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business people, increase your international network and have a great experience in the beautiful city of Amsterdam.
JUMPSTART YOUR BUSINESS CAREER IN LIFE SCIENCES
Are you a PhD student, a postdoc or a Master student and are you interested to pursue your career in one of the many Life Sciences companies? Do you want to know more about the business field and your career opportunities? Then we invite you to participate in the unique program of this international summer school.
By the end of the course, participants will:
– Have a clear overview of the opportunities and challenges within the life sciences industry
– Be able to describe the process of product development and the challenges that might be faced
– Have gained insight into the purpose, use, legal and regulatory aspects of intellectual property rights and how to obtain them.
– Be able to discuss various types of business models in life sciences industry and link organisations to these business models.
– Have gained insight into the concept of financial statements, costs and revenue allocations, budgeting and forecasting.
– Have expanded their business network in life sciences.
– Have gained insight into what career opportunities there are in industry
SUBJECTS TAILORED TO THE LIFE SCIENCES INDUSTRY
– Academia to Industry
– Business Models
– Harvard-style Business Case
– Patents & Licenses
– Personal Development
– Product Development
Event & doelgroep
Masterclass / Business course
24-06-2019 t/m 28-06-2019
08:30 uur tot 18:00 uur
Dit event richt zich op:
Biomedisch en life sciences, Farmacie, Financieel en Economisch, Geneeskunde, Gezondheidswetenschappen, Juridisch, Onderwijs en wetenschap, Research en development
Status van je studie:
Amsterdam Science Park